The online program includes:
- The CheckUp is a comprehensive alcohol self-assessment, objective feedback, and exercises to reduce your ambivalence about changing.
- The CheckIn is a 3-month follow-up to the CheckUp that gives you feedback about your progress in changing your drinking, alcohol problems, and your mood.
- Choices programs: You can choose moderation or abstinence as a goal and switch from moderation to abstain if moderation isn’t working for you. The programs are based on cognitive behavioral therapy exercises and motivational enhancement strategies. They also include drink, mood and urge trackers, guided emails, change plans, and customized text messages and emails, all under your control. There are separate modules on alcohol, marijuana, opioids, stimulants, and gambling.
Subscribers get access to everything, 24/7. CheckUp & Choices will not label you or tell you what to do. You will be treated with respect and without judgment.
Why Use CheckUpandChoices.com?
In multiple randomized clinical trials funded by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), people using CheckUp & Choices had:
- A 55% decrease in drinking quantity, frequency, and intensity (blood alcohol levels)
- A 50% reduction in alcohol-related problems
- A 36% decrease in drinking days
These gains were sustained out to 12-month follow-ups.